[YarraBUG-list] Bushfire Relief

Yarra Bicycle Users Group enquiries at yarrabug.org
Mon Feb 9 12:19:04 AEDT 2009

Hi all,

Sadly, further details are emerging of the massive impact of Saturdays
horrific fires across Victoria, but we all can assist, see below for
more details. It’s horrible to realise this disaster occurred less than
50-100km’s away from here, no doubt some people live even closer.

On Sunday there was reports of cyclists in the North-East areas affected
by the fires - ok it’s a popular destination and training route for many
but PLEASE exercise common sense and STAY OUT until the CFA and Police
have declared it safe!

Urgent Inquiries Only

* Statewide Current Incident Summary:
http://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/incidents/incident_summary.htm
* Victorian Bushfire Information Line: 1800 240 667
* State Inquiries Centre: 1800 727 077
* Centrelink Victorian Fires Hotline: 180 22 11

If you want to help with bushfire relief please see these links

ABC Melbourne: How can I help - and where do I get help?
http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2009/02/06/2484632.htm

Australian Red Cross - 2009 Victorian Bushfire Appeal:
https://www.redcross.org.au/Donations/onlineDonations.asp

The Salvos: http://www.salvos.org.au/

Animal Aid: http://www.animalaid.com.au/

Wildlife Rescuers: http://www.wildliferescuers.org.au/

Donations

* Go to any NAB, ANZ, Westpac or Commonwealth Bank branch
* Go to any Bunnings store
* To make a direct deposit to the Victorian Bushfire Relief Fund: BSB
082-001, Account number 860-046-797
* Another appeal set up is the Myer Bushfire Appeal. All proceeds will
go to the Salvation Army. Please donate at any Victorian Myer store.

In the aftermath of this disaster we’ve all got to take a step away from
self-interest and reach out to those who need our help now & in the
future. Especially helping people who’s homes have been destroyed and
repairing habitat and wildlife. Remember, every contribution no matter
what size, will help to rebuild lives and hope.

Take care.

--

Yarra Bicycle Users Group Inc.
PO Box 253

Listen to YarraBUG Radio
Every Monday morning 10-10.30am on 3CR Community Radio
http://www.yarrabug.org/radio/
Abbotsford, Alphington, Burnley, Carlton North,
Clifton Hill, Cremorne, Collingwood, Fairfield,
Fitzroy, Fitzroy North, Princes Hill, Richmond