[YarraBUG-list] The 10th Australian Bicycling Achievement Awards - Less than one month to go to nominate

Cycling Promotion Fund (CPF) office at cyclingpromotion.com.au
Tue Nov 22 15:15:12 AEDT 2011

Having difficulties reading this email? Please click here to read online
[http://www.cyclingawards.com.au/]

The 10th Australian Bicycling Achievement Awards
Heart Foundation - Principal Partner

Less than one month to go to nominate

There is one month to go to nominate our local cycling individuals and
communities to be acknowledged for their efforts in the 10th Australian
Bicycling Achievement Awards [http://www.cyclingawards.com.au].

Maybe you know of a local advocate, bike shop, school, educational
institution, or bicycle-friendly local business that promotes cycling and
goes that extra mile. Or have you been to an inspirational cycling event
that deserves recognition?

Recognising the strong support for these awards, the National Heart
Foundation [http://www.heartfoundation.org.au/] has continued its
relationship as the principal sponsor for this year’s awards.

In the 10 years since the Awards were first held in 2002, we have seen
outstanding nominations from right around Australia and we expect this
year’s nominations to be no different.

These Awards recognise commitment, innovation and perseverance in
improving cycling conditions, so if they make a positive impact for people
who ride a bike, nominate them for an award. We know there are many more
stories to tell and we look forward to receiving nominations for this
year’s awards.

Not only have previous winners [http://www.cyclingawards.com.au/node/5] of
the Australian Bicycling Achievement Awards been celebrated for their work
and achievements, but in many cases the award has been able to assist in
leveraging even greater outcomes in events, projects or just starting
conversations to promote bike riding.

The Awards will be presented at a ceremony in Canberra in early 2012 that
will attended by federal politicians and representatives from national
organisations and peak bodies in health, transport and the bicycle
industry.

Australian Bicycling Achievement Awards Nominations
Awards nominations can be made online or via a form downloaded from:
www.cyclingawards.com.au [http://www.cyclingawards.com.au]

Please contact the Cycling Promotion Fund on (03) 9863 8646 or email
office at cyclingpromotion.com.au
[mailto:office at cyclingpromotion.com.au?subject=The 10th Australian
Bicycling Achievement Awards] if you have any additional questions about
making a nomination.

Australian Bicycling Achievement Awards Categories
[http://www.cyclingawards.com.au/node/8]

- Professional of the Year Award
- Volunteer of the Year Award
- Cycling Organisation Achievement Award
- Local Government Achievement Award
- Educational Institution Achievement Award
- Cycling Friendly Business Award
- Contribution by a Politician Award
- Bicycle Retailer Achievement Award
- National Media Achievement Award
- Special Initiative or Event to Promote Cycling Award

Application forms and entry must be lodged by the closing date of 5pm,
Wednesday 14th December 2011. Judging of the finalists will be completed by
the Selection Panel appointed by the Cycling Promotion Fund. The decision
of the Selection Panel will be final.

The Cycling Promotion Fund intends to use the information provided to
promote and inform about best practice and achievements in increasing
cycling in Australia.

Cycling Promotion Fund
Suite G.02, 616 St. Kilda Road, Melbourne | Victoria 3004
T (03) 9863 8646
www.cyclingpromotion.com.au [http://www.cyclingpromotion.com.au/]

Please click here
[http://www.cyclingpromotion.com.au/content/category/15/41/164/] to
unsubscribe or subscribe from these newsletters or email
office at cyclingpromotion.com.au