[YarraBUG-list] DISC try out day

Sonya Everard severard at netspace.net.au
Thu Jan 8 16:54:53 AEDT 2009

Hi,

Just letting you all know at very late notice that some of the YARRA Buggers
are going to the Darebin International Sports Center tomorrow to try out the
velodrome.

> If you want to join in we are planning on being on the track at 11am.

> It's going to cost $55 to join Cycling Sportif and get the insurance

> required to ride which covers personal injury until December.  If you

> are a bike club member already then you might not have to pay this.

> The track and bike hire is $15 per hour.

> If you want to wear your own helmet bring that but they do have

> helmets available. Normal running shoes will suffice.

>>> Directions.....

> Darebin International Sports Centre

> John Cain Memorial Park

> 281 Darebin Rd, Thornbury 3071

> Melway 31 A6 (Image below)

>>From the City.  Find your way to Hoddle St.  This can be accessed from

> travelling East on either Swan St, Wellington Pde or Victoria St.

> Once you reach Hoddle St, turn left to travel North.  Keep travelling

> until you reach the entrance to the 'Eastern Freeway'.  Take this

> entrance.  Continue along freeway and take the 1st exit - the Chandler

> Highway exit - and turn left here.  This will take you north.

> Continue along and cross Heidelberg Road.

> This is now Grange Rd.  Continue along Grange Rd until you reach

> Darebin Rd.

> Turn Left.  Travel along for approximately 200m and you will see the

> entrance to DISC on the right, immediately after a set of pedestrian

> traffic lights.

> Cheers,

> Sonya

> Public Transport

Train:
Catch the Eltham or Hurstbridge trains to Fairfield Station. Walk north from
Fairfield Station along Station Street (1.5km walk), turn right at Darebin
Road (200m walk to entry).

Bus from Fairfield Station:
Catch the 567 Northland Secondary College (Dysons) bus from Fairfield (via
Preston, Northland Shopping Centre), and get out corner Station Street and
Darebin Road. Walk 200m east along Darebin Road to entry.

Bus:
Catch the 250 Garden City - La Trobe University (via City, Clifton Hill,
Northcote) at Flinders Street, near corner of Elizabeth Street, and get out
at the stop on Darebin Road directly out the front of Darebin International
Sports Centre.

Catch the 246 - Elsternwick to La Trobe University (via Richmond,
Collingwood, Clifton Hill) and get out at the stop on Darebin Road directly
out the front of Darebin International Sports Centre.

Catch the 567 - Northcote to Regent Station (via Preston, Northland Shopping
Centre) and get out at the corner of Station Street and Darebin Road.

Catch the 510 - Essendon to Ivanhoe (via Coburg, Thornbury) and get out at
the stop on Darebin Road directly out the front of Darebin International
Sports Centre.

For more public transport information visit: www.metlinkmelbourne.com.au or
call 131 638.

Cyclists:
Cyclists can use the scenic Darebin Creek Shared Trail from the north
(Bundoora, Reservoir) or south (Alphington) to get to DISC.