[YarraBUG-list] Bike fun 2009

Nicholas Dow nik at cbdweb.net
Sun Jan 4 21:46:16 AEDT 2009

Bike Fun Melbourne presents...

*** 2009 Bike Fun ***
Check back at http://bikefun.org/calendar.html for latest updates

Geelong Full Moon Ride - Saturday 10th of January
6.30pm Marshall Station.   We will ride to Torquay - a leisurely pedal of
about 14km through generally flat rural land.  Land soon to be reclaimed
as the new suburb “Thomsons Creek” providing cheap land for the burgeoning
population. A BBQ is planned at the Torquay Back Beach, where those
inclined can go for a swim, before heading home via the Surfcoast Hwy to
Marshall.  There will be a car & trailer at Torquay for those of faint
conviction desirous of a lift back. As usual, those with a Christian name
A-L please bring an entrée or side salad to share.   M-Z named souls could
bring a sweet of some kind (cheese & bikkies, sweet biscuits, cake, dried
fruit, etc). Just bring small amounts or there will be waste.  We should
be back at Marshall Station at about 10.30pm all going well.
The last train to Melbourne leaves Marshall at 9.20pm or South Geelong at
10.26pm. See: http://vline.com.au
For a map of the route:
http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Full-Moon-Ride-10th-Jan-2008

Full Moon Ride - Sunday 11th of January
Take the 6:05pm Werribee train to Hoppers Crossing (arrive 6:51pm) and
ride various bike paths including Skeleton Creek, Cheetham wetlands, then
Supper (including a BBQ if you like - BYO) in a park in Altona and then on
to Williamstown (27km).  Those more enthusiastic can ride into town, those
less energetic can take the train from Williamstown.  View the route at
http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/FMR-11-1-2009  Most of the route will
be in daylight, but we will see the moon after supper.  There is no
shopping around Hoppers Crossing railway station.  Organiser: Nik & Ned
0412703483

Pub Bug - Friday 16th of January
6pm - Mountain Goat Brewery - Cnr North St & Clarke & St - Richmond

Critical Mass - Friday 30th of January and Last Friday every month.
5:30PM - State Library.  The motorists will all be back from holidays, so
it's time to reclaim a small slice of Melbourne's public open space for
humanity, for a brief interval.
Come and enjoy the party on (2) wheels.  organiser: you

Beach Rides - hot nights in Jan/Feb/Mar - register for text message
notification
Dates TBA (hot weather required) - Join the bicycle beach party as we ride
the sea for a swim and fish 'n' chips on a hot summer night. But because we
don't know the weather in advance, we can't set the date. So you need to email
your mobile phone number to beachriders at gmail.com or SMS "Beach" to 0439
88 00 93. Then when a hot night (over 25 degrees) is forecast in the next
few days, you will be sent an SMS giving the time (evening) & place (CBD)
for the ride start.

REGULAR EVENTS:

YarraBUG Radio - Every Monday on 3CR
Broadcasting every Monday at 10-10.30am on 3CR Community Radio 855am
http://www.yarrabug.org/radio
Have an idea, want to be interviewed or have program feedback?  We welcome
your contribution, after all YarraBUG Radio is here for you to help you
make your cycling safe, fun and infectious for others. YarraBUG Radio-
streaming live on the web at: http://www.3cr.org.au/3CR_streaming

Along for the Ride - Every Tuesday on 3RRR
The Triple R podcast is jumping live-to-air for the summer months! Join us for
all the news from bicycle land with interviews, regular maintenance tips, news
and events, and much more from the bike paths of Melbourne and the world.
** Tune in to 3RRR at 102.7FM (streaming at www.rrr.org.au) every Tuesday at
7pm! It's podcast too! **

Bike Polo!
Sundays 2.30pm until dusk @ the carpark in the Carlton Gardens, West of
the Exhibition Buildings. Bring a bike, beverage and yourself. Mallets and
ball provided.
Tuesdays from 7pm onwards on the rooftop carpark at Victoria Gardens,
corner Burnley and Victoria Streets Richmond.
Melbourne Bicycle Polo Club:
web http://www.bikepolo.com.au/
email melbourne.bicycle.polo.club at gmail.com

Every Friday
6pm sharp Cyclic Bikes, 56 Pin Oak Cres (opposite Newmarket Station)
Ride from Flemington to Mountain Goat Brewery (Richmond). Different route
each week, faster than your average bikefun ride.
Might be a gap over the Christmas break, phone Cyclic Bikes to find out.

Most rides go at a social pace, run rain or shine, and are free (like the
streets themselves).

BikeFun depends on people like you to create events and contribute to
Melbourne's creative bike community. Organise a ride (or whatever) and
BikeFun will promote it. email details to: bikefun at nikdow.net

To subscribe to the Bike Fun email, send a blank email to:
bikefunmelbourne-subscribe at lists.riseup.net

Forward this email to all your friends.
http://bikefun.org

Bike Fun Melbourne list homepage and archives:
http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/bikefunmelbourne
To unsubscribe, send a blank email to: