[YarraBUG-list] Our questionnaire to 2016 Yarra City Council Candidates + Active Transport Victoria finally launched

YarraBUG Admin admin at yarrabug.org
Fri Oct 14 11:16:52 AEDT 2016

*1. **Local council elections: our questionnaire to City of Yarra
Candidates*

**Read the Yarra Council candidate responses to Yarra Bicycle User Group
Questionnaire for the local council election on Saturday 22 October.

Here's responses received so far:

http://www.yarrabug.org/2016/10/13/yarra-bicycle-user-group-questionnaire-city-yarra-candidates-october-2016/

*2. Active Transport Victoria finally launched*

A long time coming, ATV was initially promised to be launched in July.
Will this new unit have real scope and be able to deliver for changing
transport priorities?

Media Release: A More Accessible Victoria For Cyclists And Pedestrians

http://www.premier.vic.gov.au/a-more-accessible-victoria-for-cyclists-and-pedestrians/

*Active Transport Victoria*

The Victorian Government has established Active Transport Victoria
(ATV), a unit within Transport for Victoria, to promote the benefits of
walking and cycling in Victoria.

http://economicdevelopment.vic.gov.au/transport/cycling-and-walking/active-transport-victoria

--
*Listen to Yarra Bicycle Users Group Radio <http://www.yarrabug.org/radio/>*
*Every Monday morning 10am on 3CR 855AM Community Radio