[YarraBUG-list] Walmer St Meeting this Saturday + Yarra Ride to Work Day locations

YarraBUG Admin admin at yarrabug.org
Tue Oct 11 20:02:30 AEDT 2016

Hi all,

A quick news roundup for Ride to Work day and this Saturdays public
meeting at Richmond Town Hall where Salta will present their
'alternative' design for Walmer Bridge area.

Our questionnaire to Yarra Council candidates will be posted very soon
on the website: http://www.yarrabug.org/
*

1. From **Walmer Street Action Group *
Public Meeting to present Salta’s alternative design for Walmer St
Bridge and ‘Plaza’ Saturday 15 October, 11am-1.30pm, Richmond Town Hall,
333 Bridge Rd. A large turnout at both events will be part of the
all-important numbers game. We hope to see you there!

Also see Defend The Yarra River Bank, A new consultation session:
https://defendtheyarrariver.wordpress.com/2016/10/11/a-new-consultation-session/

*
2. From City of Yarra: Yarra Rides2Work 2016*
This year’s National Ride2Work Day is on *Wednesday, 12 October 2016*,
and Yarra is planning another great city-wide celebration.

More at:
http://www.yarracity.vic.gov.au/Parking-roads-and-transport/transport/sustainable-transport/yarra-rides-2-work/

Council is supporting the following organisations to host community
events on Wednesday 12 October from 7:30am-9:00am. All are welcome to
attend!

This is a great option if your workplace is nearby or you don’t have the
capacity to host your own event. These events are for new and regular
riders alike, so remember to invite your colleagues.

  * Abbotsford Convent – 1-16 St Heliers Street, Abbotsford (Main Yarra
    Trail bike route)
  * Clifton Hill/North Fitzroy Community Bank  – 101/103 Queens Parade,
    Clifton Hill (Wellington St bike route)
  * Fitzroy Swimming Pool – 160 Alexandra Parade, Fitzroy (Napier St
    bike route)
  * North Carlton Railway Neighbourhood House – 20 Solly Ave, Princes
    Hill (Capital City Trail bike route)
  * Velo Cycles – 815 Nicholson Street, Carlton North (Capital City
    Trail bike route) – also hosting a 'RideHomeFromWork' celebration
    5.30–8.30pm

*3. From VeloCycles: National Ride2Work Day Afterparty -
RideHomeFromWork Celebration*

National Ride2WorkDay has been around for twenty-two years, so being of
that age we reckon it’s high time to celebrate that, as well as your
regular commute. So, we’re having a National Ride2Work Day afterparty!

That’s right, on *Wednesday October 12th starting at 5:30pm*, for three
hours we’ll be playing some bike-related movies, chatting bikes and bike
stuff, sharing some finger food from Green Park Dining
and, for anyone who likes us on Facebook or follows us on Instagram,
you’ll get a free Temple Brewing Bicycle Beer! Note – Year’s free
scheduled servicing equates to three standard services.
Free beer and finger food only whilst stocks last. (We’re getting quite
a bit, but no guarantees!)

More at:
http://www.velocycles.com.au/ridehomefromwork-celebration-national-ride2work-day-afterparty/

--
*Listen to Yarra Bicycle Users Group Radio <http://www.yarrabug.org/radio/>*
*Every Monday morning 10am on 3CR 855AM Community Radio