[YarraBUG-list] Yarra City Council - Build the missing link on the Merri Creek shared path in North Fitzroy

YarraBUG Admin admin at yarrabug.org
Tue Jul 14 15:22:52 AEST 2015

*Wellington Street seperated lanes in Collingwood are now open!**
*
A huge thank you to the 700+ people who signed this hardcopy and online
petition back in December 2013 - Yarra’s first separated bicycle lanes
opened in Collingwood last week.

https://www.change.org/p/yarra-city-council-wellington-st-copenhagen-lane-petition
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/north/long-awaited-copenhagen-style-bike-lanes-open-up-in-collingwood/story-fnglenug-1227437227495

Read more:
http://www.yarracity.vic.gov.au/hot-topics/wellington-street-bicycle-lanes-are-open-/

But we *urgently* need your support for another petition:

*Yarra City Council - Build the missing link on the Merri Creek shared
path in North Fitzroy

*https://www.change.org/p/yarra-council-please-build-the-missing-link-on-the-merri-creek-shared-path-in-north-fitzroy

This shared path extension is too important for all users of Merri Creek
to be derailed after waiting decades for VicTrack approval to build
close to rail infrastructure.

*Yarra Council is expected to make a decision on the path extension at
their General Meeting, 7pm Tuesday 21 July 2015 at Fitzroy Town Hall.**
**
**We ask you to please make time to attend this council meeting and make
a short presentation during Public Question Time to support this vital
and overdue path extension.**
***
If you support this important link, please email Yarra Councillors (see
petition link above for ideas) and tell them your thoughts:

NichollsWardCouncillors at yarracity.vic.gov.au
LangridgeWardCouncillors at yarracity.vic.gov.au
MelbaWardCouncillors at yarracity.vic.gov.au

Please read, sign and share.

Many thanks ;)

--
*Listen to Yarra Bicycle Users Group Radio <http://www.yarrabug.org/radio/>*
*Every Monday morning 10am on 3CR 855AM Community Radio