[YarraBUG-list] Capital City Trail news: Proposal to licence park space for Green Park Dining & Lygon Street crossing closure this week (14 - 20 January)

YarraBUG Admin admin at yarrabug.org
Tue Jan 13 14:35:40 AEDT 2015

Hi all,

Two items of interest for you concerning the Capital City Trail: first
up a proposal to licence park space for Green Park Dining & Lygon Street
crossing closure this week at Park Street.

*1. From City of Yarra: **Proposal to licence park space for Green Park
Dining*
Council has been asked to consider a request from the owners of Green
Park Dining for their ongoing use of the park for the serving of food
and alcohol. Council is seeking community feedback on the proposed
licence until January 2015. Council is expected to consider community
feedback and whether it will support the proposal at a Council Meeting
in February 2015. Please send any feedback to
Karen.Hayes at yarracity.vic.gov.au

More information:
http://www.yarracity.vic.gov.au/environment/Parks-and-reserves/Park-Street-Reserve/proposal-to-licence-park-space-for-green-park-dining/

*
2. From Melbourne Water - Lygon Street Main Drain Renewal - Capital City
Trail: Lygon Street crossing closure - Wednesday 14 January to Tuesday
20 January*

*Please pass this info onto anyone who uses this shared path*.

A critical stormwater upgrade will be commencing in Brunswick East this
week.  The work will require the temporary closure of the Capital City
Trail crossing at Lygon Street.

Detours will be in place for cyclists.

What is happening:

A 40 metre section of the Lygon St Main stormwater drain has reached the
end of its service life. To ensure that the local stormwater system
continues to operate efficiently, we will be replacing this small
section of the drain in Lygon Street, between Park Street and Brunswick
Road.

When work will take place:

*7am on Wednesday 14 January to 1am on Tuesday 20 January.*

How the work will impact cyclists:

The Capital City Trail crossing at Lygon Street will be temporarily
closed. The map below indicates a range of detour options that will be
made available to cyclists. (refer attached pdf)

https://twitter.com/MelbourneWater/status/554817265267253248

More information:

Please phone our Community Information Line on 1800 653 334 or contact
us via enquiry at melbournewater.com.au

We apologise for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding
while we undertake these essential works.

--
Listen to YarraBUG Radio
Every Monday morning 10am on 3CR 855AM Community Radio + Digital