[YarraBUG-list] [Fwd: BFF Highlights next week!]

Yarra Bicycle Users Group enquiries at yarrabug.org
Fri Nov 14 14:41:39 AEDT 2008

Subject: BFF Highlights next week!
From:    julie at bicyclefilmfestival.com
Date:    Fri, November 14, 2008 2:30 pm
To:      julie at bicyclefilmfestival.com

Hey folks,

The 2008 Bicycle Film Festival is finally rolling into town next
Wednesday, the 19th of November. Tickets are selling fast, please peruse
the website and book your festival passes at
www.bicyclefilmfestival.com.au

You don't want to miss out on the two-wheeled frivolity!

Attached are 2 flyers for our not-to-be-missed Art Show and Bikes Rock!
kick-off party. The Art of the Bicycle, opening at Don't Come Gallery on
Wed., features work from local and international artists that "reveal the
bicycle as a mode of transportation and a means of liberation, as a sign
of subcultural affiliation and an object of desire." The show is
phenomenal, even featuring a piece by Australia's esteemed Sydney Nolan!

My Disco are headlining Bikes Rock! at the HiFi, supported by Super Wild
Horses and Mountains in the Sky. The night is curated by Speak & Spell and
 MC'd by the Town Bikes. It's going to be AWESOME.

Friday's opening night Screening is hosted by Three Thousand who are
putting on a Lycra Fashion Parade with local designers.

The B.est F.riends F.orever Block Party on Sunday 23/11 will feature a
Vintage Bike Swap Meet, Bunnyhop and other contests, a Show & Shine,
Bicycle Love Match (there will even be a Bicycle Wedding!) and the 2nd
Annual Bicycle Beauty Pageant. DONT miss out on the fun!

Please check out the website for details and let me know if you have any
questions.

Ride Free,

julie

Julie Schuck-Szollosi
Co-Producer, Bicycle Film Festival Melbourne

+61 (0) 402 011 461
julie at bicyclefilmfestival.com

153 Charles St.
Abbotsford, VIC
AUSTRALIA 3067
www.bicyclefilmfestival.com

--

Yarra Bicycle Users Group Inc.
PO Box 253

Listen to YarraBUG Radio
Every Monday morning 10-10.30am on 3CR Community Radio
http://www.yarrabug.org/radio/
Abbotsford, Alphington, Burnley, Carlton North,
Clifton Hill, Cremorne, Collingwood, Fairfield,
Fitzroy, Fitzroy North, Princes Hill, Richmond