[YarraBUG-list] Changes to St Georges Road access for Melbourne Water​ M40 Water Main Renewal Project

YarraBUG Admin admin at yarrabug.org
Thu Dec 1 13:15:15 AEDT 2016

Heads up: changes to St Georges Road access for next 12 months for those
riding north/south through Northcote, Thornbury and Preston.

Please refer to information + map below and pass onto anyone you know
who travels through the area

Contact Melbourne Water if any of this ongoing work affects your travel
through the area, their details are listed below.

*****

*Melbourne Water​ M40 Preston Reservoir to Merri Creek Water Main
Renewal Project*

M40 Construction Update Released (1 December 2016)

https://www.yoursay.melbournewater.com.au/m40

https://www.yoursay.melbournewater.com.au/application/files/3714/8052/5458/CONSTRUCTION_UPDATE_SOUTH.pdf

M40 Preston Reservoir to Merri Creek - Water Main Renewal Project
Construction Update - Southern section, December 2016

Melbourne Water is undertaking renewal works on two sections of the M40
water main and its pipeline connection to the Preston Reservoirs. This
project is part of our commitment to providing high quality, safe and
reliable drinking water.

Construction work has commenced along St Georges Road and is expected to
take twelve months to complete.

Intersection closures - from 1 December 2016

For safety, the un-signalised intersections along St Georges Road from
Arthurton Road to Normanby Avenue will be closed to all vehicle traffic
for the duration of the project.

Motorists will not be able to cross St Georges Road at:
- Beavers Road
- Beaconsfield Parade
- Gadd Street
- Woolton Avenue.

Pedestrians will be able to cross the centre-median and St Georges Road
at Arthurton Road, Gladstone Street, Gadd Street and Normanby Avenue.

This will ensure ongoing access to the tram and bus stops. All other
pedestrian crossings along St Georges Road will be closed.
Cyclists will be able to access the shared path within the centre-median
along St Georges Road at Arthurton Road, Gladstone Street, Gadd Street
and Normanby Avenue.

Signage and traffic controllers will be in place to ensure motorists,
pedestrians and cyclists can navigate the area safely.

Please follow our signs and instructions from our traffic controllers
and allow extra time while travelling in this area.

We do not expect there to be any interruptions to bus or Yarra Trams
services.

As we undertake our work along St Georges Road, intersections north of
Normanby Avenue will also need to be closed. We will keep you informed.

We apologise for this inconvenience.

Keeping you informed

Melbourne Water is committed to keeping you informed about this project
and our activities. Please check your letterbox, visit our webpage and
register to receive our updates by email.

More information - For more information about the M40 Preston Reservoir
to Merri Creek Water Main Renewal Project:

- Phone our project team on 1800 754 077
- Email m40 at melbournewater.com.au
- Visit our website www.yoursay.melbournewater.com.au/m40
- To access the TTY and Interpreter Services:
- TTY 133 677
- Interpreter 131 450

--
*Listen to Yarra Bicycle Users Group Radio <http://www.yarrabug.org/radio/>*
*Every Monday morning 10am on 3CR 855AM Community Radio