[YarraBUG-list] bike fun January/February 2008

Nicholas Dow nik at nikdow.net
Mon Jan 21 22:05:29 AEDT 2008

Bike Fun Melbourne presents...

*** January/February BikeFun ***
It's never too late to have a happy childhood

Full Moon Ride - Wed 23rd January
Take the 6:55
 Flinders St train to Frankston and alight at Mordialloc Station,
arriving at 7:43.
 We will ride along the bay back into the City.  Forecast is
for 25 Max on the day but the water in the bay is warm at this time of year,
so bring your swimmers, food and drink to share.
Organisers: Nik & Ned (but I've never been to Mordialloc!)

Critical Mass
Friday 25th of January
5:30PM - State Library
Last Friday every month: Ride, represent, party.
Come and enjoy the party on (2) wheels.
organiser: you

Australia Day Music and Cycling Festival
Saturday 26th January
12:00 pm - 8:00 pm Belgian Beer Cafe, St Kilda Rd.
Featuring: Live Music, Cycling Events etc.

Live music on the big stage: Jive Crank; Shannon Bourne Band; San Lazaro; De
Jah Groove

Coburg Ride-In Movies
Saturday 26th of Jan
Coburg Ride-In Movies. Enjoy one of the classiest aspects of humans' brief
experiment with car culture - sans car!

Meet in the Park opposite the Napier Hotel, Fitzroy at 7pm.
Movies starts at 9pm.  We will watch whatever is on the centre screen (the one
with grass), so its pot luck!
We will have 'one for the road' before heading up the Merri to Coburg,
stopping
to pick up movie snacks on the way.
Bring your sound system equipped with an FM receiver or just a radio, if you
have one. Banana lounges and cushions optional. Warm clothing recommended.
Organisers: Mr Wheels, and BikeFunnist

Bicycle Pub Crawl
Saturday 2nd of Feb
Decatron - depart 6PM
from Limerick Hotel, 364 Clarendon Street, South Melbourne.
organisers: polo alex & bikefunnist

Sun 3 Feb - Bikefunnist De-Invasion Picnic
12:30PM until dusk, north end of Carlton Gardens (with Free Bike Fix)
Alex the bikefunnist is departing.  Help send off the American invader and
his dangerous concepts of neoliberal bikefunnism, public space
deregulation, and roadway regime change.
Bring your picnic stuff and don't forget the spririt of bike fun is in all
of us.

*************************
Wed 6 Feb - Do the dash!
*************************
Meet 9PM, Maori Chief Hotel, York & Moray Sts South Melbourne
Quick bike and quick wits recommended.
Afterward bike fun by consensus.
organiser: transcyclun

Beach Ride - one hot night in Feb - register for date
Date TBA (hot weather required) - Join the bicycle beach party as we ride to
the sea for a swim and fish 'n' chips on a hot summer night. But because we
don't know the weather in advance, we can't set the date. So you need to email
your mobile phone number to beachriders at gmail.com or SMS "Beach" to 0439 88 00
93. Then when a hot night (over 25 degrees) is forecast in the next few days,
you will be sent an SMS giving the time (evening) & place (CBD) for the ride
start.  If you already registered this year, no need to register again.

*******************************
Sundays - Bike Polo! [BFM]
********************************
Special Note: Bike Polo might be disrupted by a "hot rod" event in the Carlton
Gardens on Saturday 26th.
On Thursday night we are currently at Northcote 6pm to dark - Hawthorn Rd off
High St behind the Northcote Club Hotel
Bicycle Polo in the (car)Park, 2pm til around 6pm @ the carpark in the
Carlton Gardens, west of the Exhibition Buildings
Bring a bike, beverage and yourself. Mallets and ball provided.
Melbourne Bicycle Polo Club: melbourne.bicycle.polo.club -at- gmail.com
See also http://www.melbournecyclist.com/group/melbournebicyclepoloclub

*********************************
Most rides go at a social pace, run rain or shine, and are free (like the
streets themselves).

BikeFun depends on people like you to create events and contribute to
Melbourne's creative bike community. Organise a ride (or whatever) and
BikeFun will promote it.
email details to: bikefun at nikdow.net

To subscribe to the Bike Fun email, send a blank email to:
bikefunmelbourne-subscribe at lists.riseup.net

Forward this email to a friend.
http://bikefun.org

Nik Dow
CBDWeb
Support: 1300 645 369

6/165 Flinders Lane
Office: 03 9650 0136

Melbourne
mobile: 0412 703 483
    ,-_|\
Australia 3000
nik at cbdweb.net
   /     \

www.cbdweb.net
   \_,-. /

Theatre is Life
        *
<--- Melbourne
Cinema is Art

Radio National is Intelligence

Television is furniture

----- Forwarded by Nicholas Dow/nikdow on 21/01/2008 10:02 PM -----

Nicholas Dow <bikefun at nikdow.net>
Sent by: bikefunmelbourne-owner at lists.riseup.net
21/01/2008 10:01 PM

bikefunmelbourne at lists.riseup.net
cc

Subject
[BikeFun] bike fun corrections (2)

Full Moon Ride - Wed 23rd January (change to train time)
Take the 6:55 Flinders St train to Frankston and alight at Mordialloc
Station,
arriving at 7:43.  We will ride along the bay back into the City. Forecast
is
for 25 Max on the day but the water in the bay is warm at this time of
year,
so bring your swimmers, food and drink to share.
Organisers: Nik & Ned (but I've never been to Mordialloc!)

Coburg Ride-In Movies  (Slight change to organisers)
Saturday 26th of February
Meet in the Park opposite the Napier Hotel, Fitzroy at 7:00pm.
Movies starts at 9pm.  We will watch whatever is on the centre screen (the
one
with grass), so its pot luck!  We will have 'one for the road' before
heading
up the Merri to Coburg, stopping to pick up movie snacks on the way. Bring
your sound system equipped with an FM receiver. Banana lounges and
cushions
optional.  Warm clothing recommended.
Organiser: Mr Wheels, and BikeFunnist

Bike Fun Melbourne list homepage and archives:
http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/bikefunmelbourne
To unsubscribe, send a blank email to: