[YarraBUG-list] January Bike Fun

bikefunnist at riseup.net bikefunnist at riseup.net
Wed Jan 9 18:41:00 AEDT 2008

Subject: [BikeFun] January bike fun
From:    "Nicholas Dow" <bikefun at nikdow.net>
Date:    Tue, January 8, 2008 23:46
To:      bikefunmelbourne at lists.riseup.net

Bike Fun Melbourne presents...

*** December BikeFun ***
It's never too late to have a happy childhood

Beach Ride - one hot night in Jan - register for date
Date TBA (hot weather required) - Join the bicycle beach party as we ride to
the sea for a swim and fish 'n' chips on a hot summer night. But because we
don't know the weather in advance, we can't set the date. So you need to
email
your mobile phone number to beachriders at gmail.com or SMS "Beach" to 0439
88 00
93. Then when a hot night (over 25 degrees) is forecast in the next few days,
you will be sent an SMS giving the time (evening) & place (CBD) for the ride
start.

Full Moon Ride
The next full moon is Wednesday 23rd January.
Send suggestions to bikefun at nikdow.net

*******************************
Sundays - Bike Polo! [BFM]
********************************
Bicycle Polo in the (car)Park, 2pm til around 6pm @ the carpark in the
Carlton Gardens, west of the Exhibition Buildings
Bring a bike, beverage and yourself. Mallets and ball provided.
Melbourne Bicycle Polo Club: melbourne.bicycle.polo.club -at- gmail.com
See also http://www.melbournecyclist.com/group/melbournebicyclepoloclub

Bicycle Pub Crawl
Saturday 2nd of Feb
Organisers: Alex Thompson and Alex Bikefunnist.
We want to cover 10 pubs over the evening/night and are after
suggestions for pubs to stop at and any other tips or hints. The
current plan is to start somewhere in south/port melbourne and work
our way up towards fitzroy/northcote.

Not fun
The DoI ban on bikes until after 7pm will affect the Full Moon rides.
Here is a sample of rides over the last 2 years that would be affected:

Tues 28 August - Lunar Eclipse Full Moon(ee) Ride from Jacana to Docklands
> Catch the 6.49pm or the 7.09pm Broadmeadows' train from Flinders Street.

Fri 8 Sept – Full Moon Ride on the Bay Trail
Werribee line. Catch the 6:25 or 6:45 from Flinders St.

Wed 9 August – Merri Full Moon Ride
catch the 6:29 or 6:49 from Flinders St

Tues 11 July – Yarra Full Moon Ride
catch the 6:21 or 6:40 from Flinders St

Wed 15 Mar – Full Moon Yarra Ride
catch the 6:40 or 6:59 from Flinders St.

Full Moon Ride - Thursday 15th, 8pm: Elthan Station
folks may be catching the 6:59 train from Flinders street

*********************************
Most rides go at a social pace, run rain or shine, and are free (like the
streets themselves).

BikeFun depends on people like you to create events and contribute to
Melbourne's creative bike community. Organise a ride (or whatever) and
BikeFun will promote it.
email details to: bikefun at nikdow.net

To subscribe to the Bike Fun email, send a blank email to:
bikefunmelbourne-subscribe at lists.riseup.net

Forward this email to a friend.
http://bikefun.org
Bike Fun Melbourne list homepage and archives:
http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/bikefunmelbourne
To unsubscribe, send a blank email to: