[YarraBUG-list] Connex & V/Line Bicycle Bans

Yarra Bicycle Users Group enquiries at yarrabug.org
Fri Jan 4 14:13:17 AEDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm contacting you as we need to get organised action happening on these
bicycle bans.

Otherwise I envisage a lot of time, energy and potential being lost and
the State Government getting away with more PR spin.

Here's a discussion on Melbourne Cyclist with more background, updates,
media links etc

http://www.melbournecyclist.com/forum/topic/show?id=1684380%3ATopic%3A1417:

A couple of points:

- Should the public campaign remain as is, i.e.: concerned people
writing seperately to the State Government, Connex & V/Line

- Or should a timeline/campaign be organised so we can maximise our
effectiveness and outcomes?

- Should a proposed campaign keep the focus on bicycle access, or should
we broaden the focus to include making note of improving PT access for all?

- Should a proposed campaign also include a call out to other groups who
also share similar goals for improving PT provision?

Further action:

- Call a informal meeting so we can meet face to face and discuss our
opinions

- For people with restrictions (ie: family, work, study, live metro,
rural etc) , possibly a meeting via a conference call or on Skype?

Mailing list:

A public transport discussion list has been created so people can keep
in touch. To subscribe, simply follow the 'subscribing to
publictransport  form'

Ok all the stuff mentioned above is a pretty broad brush, your thoughts
please?

cheers,

Chris Star

M: 0407 825 467