[YarraBUG-list] A message from the Cycling Promotion Fund

office at cyclingpromotion.com.au office at cyclingpromotion.com.au
Tue Oct 16 17:18:37 AEST 2007

Having difficulty reading this email? Click link below to view online:
 <http://www.cyclingpromotion.com.au/content/view/277>
http://www.cyclingpromotion.com.au/content/view/277

Having
<http://www.mnwd-hosting.com/emanager/members/link.php?M=937558&N=4694&L=422
8> difficulty reading this email? Click here to view online

Newsletter: October 2007

Cycling Promotion Fund

A message from Cycling Promotion Fund

Welcome to our new look Cycling Updates from the team at the Cycling
Promotion Fund. Our updates will endeavour to keep you up to date, provide
you with information which may assist the wonderful work you are doing at
the grassroots level and ask for your support and assistance to help us
promote cycling and gain greater Government support for cycling.

As outlined before we are working to explore ways to address the issues
raised in the BUG survey. You will be pleased to note that we updated our
website to make it easier for you to locate our publications.

There is now a link from our home page to resources. We have put all our
publications under one heading and have included an order form for you to
download.

*
<http://www.mnwd-hosting.com/emanager/members/link.php?M=937558&N=4694&L=419
0> Click here to visit the publications site

We are still working with a web-developer on an option to provide a template
website for BUG's and hosting arrangements to reduce costs. We are also
investigating insurance options. Unfortunately this has taken longer than
anticipated but we hope to have some updates next month.

  _____

Federal Election Campaign

<http://www.mnwd-hosting.com/emanager/members/link.php?M=937558&N=4694&L=407
9> Vote4Cycling.com.au The CPF is working with the Bicycle Federation of
Australia and Cycling Australia on the election campaign to get support for
the key asks of the cycling sector.

We have informed every council around Australia about the program and asked
for their support. It is great to see support letters coming from  rural and
urban councils, demonstrating that many councils are keen to improve
conditions for bicycle riders.

Access to funding would enable them to speed up implementing their
strategies. We have been meeting ministers, shadow ministers and key staff
to seek support and every MP has received our new publications and copy of
the key election asks.

We encourage you all to visit our website to explore how you can play an
active role at the local level to put pressure on your local MP and
candidates to support the key asks.

*

<http://www.mnwd-hosting.com/emanager/members/link.php?M=937558&N=4694&L=407
9> www.vote4cycling.com.au

You may like to point out what potential local projects/initiatives could be
funded if the Healthy and Active Transport Program would be supported.

We have included a facility for local councils and cycling organisations to
submit projects that are ready to be implemented but are unable to proceed
due to lack of funding.

  _____

Bicycling Achievement Awards

The CPF is calling again for nominations from around Australia for the
Bicycling Achievement Awards. This year we have set up a dedicated website
to enable people to make registrations online.

*
<http://www.mnwd-hosting.com/emanager/members/link.php?M=937558&N=4694&L=419
1> www.cyclingawards.com.au

Please note that this year winners in each category will receive $1,000
towards their work in promoting and encouraging cycling. There are so many
great initiatives happening around Australia and there are so many great
people committed to promote and encourage cycling.

This is the time to let us know and nominate them for an award. All
nominations will be included in a booklet which will be distributed widely
around Australia to share best practice and inspire others.

Deadline for nominations is the 30th of November 2007

  _____

Information, resources, tips and support

Remember the team at the Cycling Promotion Fund is happy to talk to you and
provide you with relevant information, contacts and resources to assist you
in your work at the local level.

On behalf of the team at the Cycling Promotion Fund.

Rosemarie Speidel
Program Director

The Cycling Promotion Fund (CPF) is an initiative of the Bicycle Industries
Australia Ltd. to enable the industry to work collectively to promote
cycling.

It works with business, government and the community to make Australia more
bicycle friendly.

Our vision is an Australia where cycling is a safe, convenient and
accessible activity for people of all ages.

Feel free to contact us should you require further information or wish to
order hard copies of any of the above documents.

If you would prefer not to receive further emails from the Cycling Promotion
Fund,
click  <mailto:office at cyclingpromotion.com.au> here.

Kind regards,

Rosemarie Speidel
Program Director

<http://www.mnwd-hosting.com/emanager/members/link.php?M=937558&N=4694&L=406
3> Cycling Promotion Fund

Ph: 03 9818 5400
Fax: 03 9818 4535

office at cyclingpromotion.com.au

Cycling Promotion Fund
<http://www.mnwd-hosting.com/emanager/members/link.php?M=937558&N=4694&L=407
6>
PO Box 3052
Auburn Victoria 3123
Ph (03) 9818 5400
Fax (03) 9818 4535

An initiative of the Bicycling Industry in Australia
<http://www.mnwd-hosting.com/emanager/members/link.php?M=937558&N=4694&L=406
3>
www.rideabike.com.au

Please contact us