[YarraBUG-list] City of Yarra election: 2020 Candidate Questionnaire

YarraBUG Admin admin at yarrabug.org
Fri Oct 9 18:23:49 AEDT 2020

Hi all,

Received your postal ballot yet? As previously mentioned, here's our
2020 candidate questionnaire.

This Yarra Council election is shaping up as probably the most
intriguing since we started doing questionnaires in 2004.

Our council area has one of the highest levels of walking and cycling in
any area in Australia and only three Yarra Councillors are re-standing
at this 2020 election.

Please email (admin at yarrabug.org) if you know of any upcoming local
events, contributions etc, also please feel free to forward this email +
information to your fellow residents and local groups._*
*_

_*
*_

_*1. Yarra Council Election*_

*City of Yarra election: 2020 Candidate Questionnaire: *

Includes candidate scorecard as per responses received by Thursday 8th
October 2020
http://www.yarrabug.org/2020/10/04/city-of-yarra-election-2020-candidate-questionnaire/

*Postal Voting - Victorian Electoral Commission for Yarra City Council:*

This link includes voting, enrolment, nomination and important dates
information:

'Voting in local council elections in Victoria this October will be by
post ... Ballot packs were mailed to enrolled voters between Tuesday 6
and Thursday 8 October.
Before 6pm on Friday 23 October 2020 you must:  make sure your vote is
in the mail* or deliver it in person to your local election office.'

https://www.vec.vic.gov.au/voting/2020-local-council-election/elections/yarra-city-council

_*
*_

_*2. Additional Yarra Council Election Candidate Scorecards*_

*Streets Alive Yarra Inc.: Election Scorecard *
https://streets-alive-yarra.org/journal/election-2020/

*Yarra Climate Action Now - YCAN Candidate Survey*
Langridge Ward:
https://ycan.org.au/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/201007-ycan-yarra-council-elections-survey-responses-langridge.pdf
Melba Ward:
https://ycan.org.au/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/201007-ycan-yarra-council-elections-survey-responses-melba.pdf
Nicholls Ward:
https://ycan.org.au/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/201007-ycan-yarra-council-elections-survey-responses-nicholls.pdf

*_
_*

*_3. Live elsewhere?_*

*Moreland BUG*:
http://www.morelandbug.org/election-candidate-surveys/moreland-council-elections-2020

*Port Phillip BUG Inc:*
http://www.ppbug.org/bug-blog/2020/10/5/council-elections-october-2020

*Glen Eira Bicycle Users Group:*
https://www.facebook.com/groups/gleneirabug/permalink/3756173811073313/

--
*Listen to Yarra Bicycle Users Group Radio <http://www.yarrabug.org/radio/>*
*Every Monday morning 10am on 3CR 855AM Community Radio