[YarraBUG-list] YarraBUG News: 3CR Radiothon, three Yarra LAPMS & Join the Walmer Street Bridge Coalition

Yarra Bicycle Users Group enquiries at yarrabug.org
Sun Jul 8 20:18:20 AEST 2018

*

Hi all, *
*

In fantastic 3CR Radiothon news: we've made well OVER our target of
$1250 for Yarra Bicycle Users Group Radio, thank you so much to everyone
who donated! Also in this newsletter are details about three new Yarra
LAPMs in Abbotsford, Richmond and North Fitzroy and how you can help the
Walmer Street Bridge Coalition​ campaign to build a new, fit-for-purpose
connection for all users across the Yarra River from Abbotsford to Kew.

For those following the Rushall Reserve developments, here's the latest
news: http://www.yarrabug.org/2018/04/22/rushall-reserve-update-april-2018/

Recent podcasts -

  * Building Bridges: talking to Mike Waller about Walmer Street Bridge
    Coalition campaign:
    http://www.3cr.org.au/yarrabug/episode-201807021000/building-bridges-talking-mike-waller-about-walmer-street-bridge
  * Shame and empowerment: comparing how we feel about bicycle repairs:
    http://www.3cr.org.au/yarrabug/episode-201806251000/shame-and-empowerment-comparing-how-we-feel-about-bicycle-repairs
  * This Girl Can + more #IPWR Tales :
    http://www.3cr.org.au/yarrabug/episode-201806181000/girl-can-more-ipwr-tales
  * #FightForYourMic + Ride for Refugees:
    http://www.3cr.org.au/yarrabug/episode-201806111000/fightforyourmic-ride-refugees

For more Melbourne bicycle news and events, follow Yarra Bicycle Users
Group on twitter, facebook and our public events calendar.

  * https://twitter.com/yarrabike
  * https://www.facebook.com/YarraBUGRadio/
  * http://www.yarrabug.org/events/

*Local Area Place Making Study (LAPMS)*

There's three new Yarra Local Area Place Making Study (LAPMS) for you
provide feedback about local traffic conditions and improvements for
Abbotsford, North Fitzroy and Richmond by 5pm, Tuesday 17 July 2018.

https://www.yoursayyarra.com.au/improving-richmond

https://www.yoursayyarra.com.au/improving-northfitzroy

https://www.yoursayyarra.com.au/improving-abbotsford

*
*

*Walmer Street Bridge Coalition*

Here's seven easy ways for you to support our Walmer Street Bridge
Coalition​ campaign to build a new, fit-for-purpose connection for all
users across the Yarra River from Abbotsford to Kew.

The Walmer Street Bridge Coalition consists Yarra City Council​, City of
Boroondara​, Walmer Street Action Group, Collingwood and Abbotsford
Residents Association (Cara Residents​), Yarra and Boroondara BUG​s.

All the links here:
http://www.yarrabug.org/2018/06/03/join-walmer-street-bridge-coalition/
*
**1. Sign the Petition*

Petitions are now avaliable online for you to print, sign and return:

Link 1: http://boroondarabug.org/w/images/1/18/Walmer_St_bridge_petition.pdf

Link 2:
http://www.yarrabug.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/WalmerStBridgeCoalition_LegCoPetition_2018.pdf

Note: all petitions MUST be hard copies with name, address and signature
of petitioners. All completed petitions must be returned by 1st August,
2018 to the Walmer Street Bridge Coalition, care of: Richmond Town Hall,
333 Bridge Road, Victoria, 3121.

*2. Come along to our rally: It's time to replace Walmer Street Bridge!​
- 10am, Saturday 4th August 2018*

We need a new bridge, we've needed it for more than a decade. The
present bridge does not deal safely with the users given it's been
designed for another era. Let's work together to replace it now so it
can deliver safe passage for all users, now and into the future. Please
save the date: 10am, Saturday 4th August 2018 and come along to Williams
Reserve, 520 Victoria Street Abbotsford to hear from local state
politicians about how they will fund the replacement bridge.

*3. Download and print a poster*

You can download and print copies of our A4 poster to promote the campaign:

http://www.yarrabug.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/A4_Poster_WSB_web.pdf

*4. Add your voice to Imagine the Yarra*

You can add feedback to Imagine the Yarra draft broad objectives by 31
July 2018 in support of a new river connection.

https://imaginetheyarra.com.au/

*5. Attend MTF Leader Newspapers Transport Forum - Yarra​ - 6.30pm,
Thursday 2nd August 2018*

This a public forum to discuss transport issues before the State
election in November. 6.30pm to 8pm, Thursday 2 August, Richmond Town
Hall, 333 Bridge Road, Richmond.

Meet the candidates from major parties, hear their policies and ask your
questions. Chairperson: Mayor Cr Daniel Nguyen. Speakers include: ALP:
Richard Wynne MP​, Greens: Kathleen Maltzahn​, Liberal: TBC. Free event,
RSVP recommended

Topics for discussion might include: Walmer Street Bridge replacement,
DDA tram stops in Richmond (Victoria St, Bridge Rd, Swan St), Need for
East-West public transport along Alexandra Parade, Cremorne congestion
and access issues, cycling corridors and cycling safety, North East Link
project impacts

*6. Listen to Yarra Bicycle Users Group Radio on 3CR podcast:*

Building Bridges: talking to Mike Waller about Walmer Street Bridge
Coalition campaign (2 July 2018) Mike Waller explains changes to the
Salta site, recent history, what's needed to get a fit for purpose
connection between Abbotsford and Kew.

Link 1:
http://www.3cr.org.au/yarrabug/episode-201807021000/building-bridges-talking-mike-waller-about-walmer-street-bridge

Link 2:
http://www.yarrabug.org/radio/2018/07/03/yarrabug-radio-show-499-monday-2nd-july-2018/

*7. Social Media*

You can follow, link and share the Walmer Street Bridge Campaign on
facebook & twitter:

  * https://www.facebook.com/WalmerStBridge/
  * https://twitter.com/WalmerStBridge

--
*Listen to Yarra Bicycle Users Group Radio <http://www.yarrabug.org/radio/>*
*Every Monday morning 10am on 3CR 855AM Community Radio

---
https://www.avg.com