[YarraBUG-list] Fwd: The Squeaky Wheel Summer Update + local bike news

YarraBUG Admin admin at yarrabug.org
Fri Feb 10 19:30:15 AEDT 2017

Hi all,

There's literally heaps on this weekend at the SLF, Treadlie Bike Hub,
Swap Meet, Roller Racing, St Kilda Festival & Melbourne BikeRave

Scroll down for the Squeaky Wheel newsletter or click here if you can't
read it: http://thesqueakywheel.cmail19.com/t/r-e-ykhijhz-hkitdiuhth-r/

*1. YarraBUG Radio on 3CR - coming up on 10am Monday 13 Feb*
Talking about Richard Wynnes recent decision regarding about Saltas
Walmer Street development & David from Gardiners Creek Trail Commuters
Group talking about launch of first section of Heatherdale Pipeline Trail.

http://www.3cr.org.au/yarrabug  | http://www.yarrabug.org/radio/

*2. Yarra Council feedback needed - Fairfield Pipe Bridges problem with
user behaviour*
 From Mark at Yarra Open Space: Currently there are signs that require
cyclists to dismount, which isn’t enforced and no one adheres to.  At
other bridges Yarra has changed the rule and included signage so that
cyclists should give way to pedestrians and conflict has dramatically
reduced.  Council is looking at changed signage, linemarking, decals or
messaging and would appreciate any suggestion.  Please provide comments
directly to Mark.Donnellan at yarracity.vic.gov.au

*3. Other events*: Melbourne BikeRave kicks off 6pm tomorrow at The
Angel at  Birrarung Marr, all the deets:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1270524342986086/

Download: https://mega.nz/#F!jEd3URhY!I6qsOI8YFEr2jaIoypQTOg
Stream: https://soundcloud.com/swindlemelb/bike-rave-melbourne-2017

Bike Rave is a DIY event. Grab an MP3 player and put the mix on it.
Bring your own speakers, build a sound bike, be creative! Need sound for
your bike? Get a basket and some computer speakers, or head to Jaycar,
JB-HIFI, etc to setup a self contained set. There are some great
solutions from $15, and some pretty impressive creations. Just remember
to charge those batteries.
https://www.hashatit.com/hashtags/bikeravemelbourne

*4. Even more bike events! *
Check out our updated events calendar: http://www.yarrabug.org/events/

--
*Listen to Yarra Bicycle Users Group Radio <http://www.yarrabug.org/radio/>*
*Every Monday morning 10am on 3CR 855AM Community Radio