[YarraBUG-list] Safer Cyclists and Pedestrians Fund: Community Consultation Sessions, Written Submissions + Online Survey

Yarra Bicycle Users Group enquiries at yarrabug.org
Fri Oct 23 13:31:57 AEDT 2015

Hi all,

Here's interesting media release from Luke Donnellans office - is the
new Safer Cyclists and Pedestrians Fund the return of the long lost
Victorian Bicycle Budget in another form?

Note that the community consultation sessions are predominantly outside
inner Melbourne - so please attend either the Melbourne or Box Hill
sessions if that's where you are.

cheers,

Chris

****

*Providing A Better Plan For Cycling In Victoria (Tuesday 20 October
2015) Minister for Roads and Road Safety*

http://www.premier.vic.gov.au/providing-a-better-plan-for-cycling-in-victoria

The Andrews Labor Government is updating Victoria’s cycling strategy so
that it best provides for the future, and wants to hear from cyclists
and road users.

Minister for Roads and Road Safety Luke Donnellan today opened the Bike
Futures Conference and announced the beginning of community consultation
from October to December this year.

The Government is making an unprecedented investment – through the $100
million for the Safer Cyclists and Pedestrians Fund – in infrastructure
that keeps cyclists and pedestrians safe on our roads.

The cycling strategy will help to guide the establishment of Active
Transport Victoria which will be responsible for delivering the
strategy’s objectives.

It will also incorporate the Government’s commitment to improving safety
and increasing participation, and will guide future cycling investment.

*Cyclists and other road users will be able to provide feedback by
completing an online survey at: *

http://economicdevelopment.vic.gov.au/transport/cycling-and-walking/cycling/cycling-projects/cycling-strategy

Make a formal submission by email at cycling.strategy at ecodev.vic.gov.au
or participating in community consultation sessions at key metropolitan
and regional locations.

Feedback from the consultation will be incorporated into a draft updated
strategy, which will be made available for comment before being
finalised for release in mid-2016.

Quotes attributable to Minister for Roads and Road Safety Luke Donnellan

“We’re working to support cycling, as part of how people will travel
around our state now and in the future.”

“Our strategy will reflect the Government’s commitment to improving
safety and increasing participation in cycling.”

“We want cyclists and road users to jump online or come to a workshop,
to help us provide a strong plan for the future of cycling in Victoria.”

*Community Consultation Sessions *

Venue details

  * Monday, 16 November 2015, 6:00pm to 8:00pm, Box Hill Town Hall, 1022
    Whitehorse Rd, Box Hill 3128
  * Thursday, 19 November 2015, 6.00pm  to 8.00pm Traralgon Department
    of Environment, Land Water and Planning,71 Hotham St, Traralgon 3844
  * Tuesday, 24 November 2015, 6:30pm to 8:30pm Laverton Community Hub,
    95-105 Railway Avenue, Laverton 3028
  * Thursday, 26 November 2015, 6:00pm to 8:00pm, Wangaratta Performing
    Arts Centre, 33-37 Ford Street, Wangaratta 3677
  * Monday, 30 November 2015, 6:30pm to 8:30pm Casey Council Chamber,
    340-350 Princes Highway, Narre Warren 3805
  * Thursday, 3 December 2015, 6:30pm to 8:30pm, Plenty Ranges Art and
    Convention Centre, 35 Ferres Blvd, South Morang 3752
  * Monday, 7 December 2015, 6:30pm to 8:30pm  Melbourne Town Hall,
    Swanston Hall, 90-120 Swanston St, Melbourne 3000
  * Tuesday, 8 December 2015, 6:00pm to 8:00pm The Capital, 50 View
    Street, Bendigo 3550
  * Wednesday, 9 December 2015, 6:00pm to  8:00pm The Provincial
    Ballarat, 121 Lydiard Street North, Ballarat 3350
  * Thursday, 10 December 2015, 6:00pm to  8:00pm Geelong Conference
    Centre, Adams Court, Eastern Park Circuit, Geelong 3219

****

--
*Listen to Yarra Bicycle Users Group Radio <http://www.yarrabug.org/radio/>*
*Every Monday morning 10am on 3CR 855AM Community Radio