[YarraBUG-list] Fwd: Re: Bike event in Gertude St tomorrow

Yarra Bicycle Users Group enquiries at yarrabug.org
Thu Sep 20 22:20:01 AEST 2012

Heads up from Heidi at Yarra Council about PARK(ing) Day tomorrow - we
interviewed Joyce from CycleStyle about the event this week on 3CR:

Podcast: http://www.yarrabug.org/radio/?p=1159

cheers,

Chris

On 20/09/2012 9:51 AM, Marfurt, Heidi wrote:

> Hello all
>
> I thought you might enjoy a lighthearted bike event after a week of
> heavy discussion about the future of Wellington St.
>
> PARK(ing) Day is an annual worldwide event where artists, designers
> and citizens transform metered parking spots into temporary public parks.
>
> The event is being marked in Yarra this year with a "pop-up park" in
> Gertrude St this Friday 21 September
> <http://www.yarracity.vic.gov.au/hot-topics/get-on-your-bike-for-parking-day-this-friday/>.
> Two parking bays on Gertrude Street will be converted into a temporary
> park. From 9am until 4pm, cyclists will be able to hand over their
> bikes to valets and relax in a pop-up park that will take over two
> metered parking spaces near the intersection of George Street and
> Gertrude Street. Books, magazines and games will be provided for those
> who want to take a break and stretch their legs.
>
> The CycleStyle/Roll Up PARK(ING) day site has been made possible with
> the support of The City of Yarra and the Awesome Foundation Melbourne
> <http://rosshill.com.au/awesome-foundation>.
>
> Cheers
>
> Heidi
>
> Heidi Marfurt
> Sustainable Transport Officer
>
> City of Yarra PO Box 168 RICHMOND 3121
>
> Monday, Wednesday and Thursday
>
> *T* (03) 9205 5734 *M *0438 616 097 *F* (03) 8417 6666
>
> *E*_heidi.marfurt at yarracity.vic.gov.au
> <mailto:heidi.marfurt at yarracity.vic.gov.au>_*W*
> www.yarracity.vic.gov.au <http://www.yarracity.vic.gov.au/>
>
> Sign up to Yarra Environment e-News
> <http://vic.us1.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=903c74446f60acf1e05daed5e&id=9876512206>
> for environmental news and updates in Yarra.
>
> VSC2011_logo_rgb_lores
>

> DISCLAIMER: The information in this electronic mail is confidential
> and may contain personal or health information. It is intended only
> for use of the individual or entity named. If you are not the intended
> recipient, any dissemination, copying or use of the information is
> strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error,
> please delete it immediately from your system and inform us by e-mail
> to info at yarracity.vic.gov.au
>
> Council does not guarantee the integrity of the information in this
> electronic mail or any attached files, or warrant or represent the
> information as being free from errors or omission. Any recipient who
> relies upon the information does so at their own risk, and Council
> will not be liable for any loss or damage caused as a result of such
> reliance. If a recipient wishes to act on the information provided, he
> or she should seek advice from Council in person before doing so.

*Listen to Yarra Bicycle Users Group Radio*
Every Monday morning 10am on 3CR 855AM Community Radio + Digital
http://www.yarrabug.org/radio/
Abbotsford, Alphington, Burnley, Carlton North,
Clifton Hill, Cremorne, Collingwood, Fairfield,
Fitzroy, Fitzroy North, Princes Hill, Richmond