[YarraBUG-list] YarraBUG Radio + Council News Update - June 2012

YarraBUG Admin admin at yarrabug.org
Thu Jun 28 15:46:40 AEST 2012

Hi all,

Here's a really quick update about YarraBUG Radio + Yarra Council News:

*
YarraBUG Radio on 3CR 855AM

*We've extended our 3CR Radiothon promotion, so get in *real quick* for
fantastic giveaways from Allegro Bikes, psbikes, Treadlie & Velo Cycles.
Help us make our $1000 target for 3CR Radiothon & keep independent radio
on air for another year.

Listen in on Monday 2nd July to hear if you've scored a new bike for
yourself from Allegro Bikes, or a Byk for your little one, courtesy of
psbikes, or even a Treadlie subscription or Velo Cycles service voucher!*

*All the details right here > Invest in Independence with Yarra BUG
Radio during 3CR Radiothon:*
*http://yarrabug.org/radio/?p=1053
*

Recent programs:

YarraBUG Radio Show#192 -- Monday 25 June 2012
*On this weeks program we chat about bike moments, post-Melburn Roobaix
wrap, audio and interviews from the Bike Budget Rally at Parliament
House on Thursday 21st June. (The Bike Budget Rally audio kicks off at
about 9.40 minute mark. Quite few familiar voices in there, including Cr
Alison Clarke (Yarra Council), Janet Rice, David from Whitehorse
Cyclists, Julia & John from Boroondara BUG) We interview Daniel Billings
from Dolomiti about their new Smart Bike Program & YarraBUG Radiothon
Giveaways extended a week + more.
More at: http://www.yarrabug.org/radio/?p=1081*

YarraBUG Radio Show#191 -- Monday 18th June 2012
*Bke moments, Dirty Deeds CX Prologue, the sudden closure of Brunswick
Street Cycles, changes to the Australian bicycle industry & plus a
surprise guest appearance from Sean who visited us to make his 3CR
radiothon donation in person. We interview Andy White from Fyxomatosis
about this weekends traditional Melburn Roobaix. News includes Winter
Solstice Ride and combined BUGs rides to Bike Budget Rally on 21 June at
Parliament House.
More at: http://www.yarrabug.org/radio/?p=1072
*

Yarra Council News

Yarra adds its voice to calls for bike funding
*Yarra was represented at yesterday's (21 June 2012) rally which
protested the State Government's cuts to funding for bike infrastructure.*
*More
at:**http://www.yarracity.vic.gov.au/hot-topics/yarra-adds-its-voice-to-calls-for-bike-infrastructure/

*
**Extra bike parking for North Fitzroy - **More parking at Piedmontes -
finally!
*Extra bike parking is now available for North Fitzroy shoppers after
eight bicycle parking hoops were installed outside of Piedimonte's
Supermarket in Best Street.*
*More at:
http://www.yarracity.vic.gov.au/hot-topics/extra-bike-parking-for-north-fitzroy/

*
Proposed separated bike lanes in Wellington Street - refer to previous
email forwarded from Alistair McDonald*
Council is seeking community feedback on a proposal to construct new
bicycle lanes in Wellington Street, Collingwood. The lanes are proposed
for the section of Wellington Street between Victoria Parade and
Johnston Street.
More at:
http://www.yarracity.vic.gov.au/Parking-roads-and-transport/Current-projects/proposed-separated-bike-lanes-in-wellington-street/

*Next Bicycle Advisory Committee Meeting - Wednesday, 4th July 2012*
All meetings are held on a Wednesday in the Mayor's Room, Fitzroy Town
Hall, from 6.30pm - 7:30pm.
More at:
http://www.yarracity.vic.gov.au/Your-Council/Consultative-Committees/Bicycle-Advisory-Committee/
*
*

--
Yarra Bicycle Users Group
http://www.yarrabug.org

Listen to YarraBUG Radio
Every Monday morning 10am on 3CR 855AM Community Radio + Digital
http://www.yarrabug.org/radio/
Abbotsford, Alphington, Burnley, Carlton North,
Clifton Hill, Cremorne, Collingwood, Fairfield,
Fitzroy, Fitzroy North, Princes Hill, Richmond