[YarraBUG-list] Invest in Independence with Yarra BUG Radio during 3CR Radiothon!

Yarra Bicycle Users Group enquiries at yarrabug.org
Fri Jun 8 16:36:21 AEST 2012

*Invest in Independence with Yarra BUG Radio during 3CR Radiothon*

http://www.yarrabug.org/radio/?p=1053

3CR Community Radio 855AM invites its listeners and the Melbourne
community to Invest in Independence at Radiothon 2012 from 4 - 17 June
<http://www.3cr.org.au/news/invest-independence>.  The station is
financially supported by our listening community. This year we are
trying to raise $210,000 to cover operating costs.

Buy your share of the media and donate to 3CR this Radiothon. 3CR's
progressive alternative coverage of social, economic, cultural and
political issues has never been more relevant.

So with that in mind, Faith, Chris, Val & Steve from Yarra Bicycle Users
Group Radio have planned a*extra special program between 10am - 11am on
Monday 11th June*. It's the Queens Birthday holiday, so kick back, brew
a cuppa or two, have a leisurely start to your holiday and listen to us!

*The Guests*
We'll be interviewing local Melbourne bicycle celebrities Peter Santos
from psbikes <http://www.psbikes.com.au/> and Joyce from CycleStyle
Australia <http://cyclestyle.com.au/> as our extra special guests on our
3CR Radiothon program, talking about their love of cycling and what
inspires them.

That's not all, we've have bicycle poetry from Eleanor Jackson
<http://eleanorjjackson.com/>, Steve's musings on cycling for fun &
profit, Melbourne bicycle news, bike moments and of course, a discussion
of bicycles & politics, since the simple act of riding a bike in
Victoria seens to have become quite political of late ... so there maybe
a few soapboxes or two ... not forgetting fun, mirth, bicycle tunes and
cycling culture insights.

*Giveaway 1:*
The lovely people from Allegro Bikes <http://allegrobikes.com.au/> have
provided the option of *one beautiful bicycle* from their range. As
people come in different sizes and opinions of what they prefer in a
bike, the lucky giveaway winner will have the option of either:

W1 (retail $799): A racier step-through, the W1 combines 7005 aluminum
tubing with a cro-moly fork and Shimano drive train to create a nimble,
comfortable bicycle for running around town.

or

W3 (retail $799) The robust commuter of the W series. Double-butted
cro-moly tubing, cro-moly forks and a Shimano 3 speed nexus hub gear
makes the W3 a simple, reliable step-through for scooting across town.

or

City 3 (retail $795): The City 3 is the most affordable of the range,
sporting the same frame and forks but with Acera parts. (Racks not
included.)

*Giveaway 2:*
Have a little rider in the family? Or one on the way? psbikes have
kindly donated a Byk <http://www.psbikes.com.au/>, a Australian
ergonomically correct children bike, made in aluminium so it is super
light and a lot easier to ride than other children bikes. The giveaway
winner has the option of any bike from the ByK range, so what  ever age
their kid/grand child or friends kid is. (Retail price from $200 to $599
depending on what size/age the child is)  See the Byk range at:
www.bykbikes.com
<http://www.bykbikes.com>
*Giveaway 3:
*That's not all - we also have Treadlie <http://www.treadlie.com.au/>
two-year x2 subscriptions (within Australia) to give away! Brought to
you by the publishers of green magazine, Treadie is like no other bike
magazine in Australia, filling a gap in the market for a passionate and
discerning readership.

*How do I get into this Yarra BUG Radio giveaway?*
It's easy to show your support for 3CR & YarraBUG Radio. You can make
your tax-deductible donation by following the details below and *pay up
by the week ending 23 June*.

  *      The giveaways will be selected on our Monday 25th June program
  * *When making your payment, please mention your pledge is for
    YarraBUG Radio - so then you are in our giveaway!*
  *      Paying online with credit card at:
    http://www.givenow.com.au/cause442
  *      Phoning (03) 9419 8377 or pay in person at 21 Smith St,
    Collingwood (b/hrs)
  *      Mailing a cheque or money order made out to 3CR.

Everyone shares responsibility in keeping 3CR alive, from hardworking
broadcasters to our listeners showing their support through their calls
and donations. Together, we ensure strong, independent voices in the media!

cheers,

Faith, Chris, Val & Steve

--

Yarra Bicycle Users Group
http://www.yarrabug.org

Listen to YarraBUG Radio
Every Monday morning 10am on 3CR 855AM Community Radio + Digital
http://www.yarrabug.org/radio/
Abbotsford, Alphington, Burnley, Carlton North,
Clifton Hill, Cremorne, Collingwood, Fairfield,
Fitzroy, Fitzroy North, Princes Hill, Richmond