[YarraBUG-list] Please pass this message on: Cyclist Memorial Ride

Yarra Bicycle Users Group enquiries at yarrabug.org
Thu Oct 9 11:18:56 AEDT 2008

Received this message:

Dear Friend,

This Wednesday 15 October is National Ride to Work Day. On September 18th
this year a young cyclist lost her life on Swanston street.

She was an experienced cyclist who rode to work everyday. If you share
concerns about the safety of Swanston street for cyclists we invite you to
join us on National Ride to Work Day (October 15th). There will be a group
meeting on Swanston Street at the front of the State Library at 8:00am. At
8:10am the group will ride slowly down Swanston Street to the Melbourne
Town Hall. Here the group will stop for one minute of silence in respect
for a life lost and as a hopeful gesture for change.

You are encouraged to leave a flower at the site of the accident (the
corner of Bourke and Swanston streets) as we make our way to the Town
Hall. Pedestrians are welcome to join the group on the day.It would be
greatly appreciated if you could take the time to forward this to family
and friends who may share our concerns.

Kind Regards

A Melbourne Cyclist

--