[YarraBUG-list] Share Rushall Reserve - Build the Path + Community Information Session this Saturday 7 May

Yarra Bicycle Users Group enquiries at yarrabug.org
Wed May 4 17:17:51 AEST 2016

Hi all,

Let’s get this missing path link in North Fitzroy finally completed so
everyone can enjoy easier access to Rushall station, not getting stuck
on a dead end path and less confusion when using the Merri Creek trail.

Bear in mind, it's only one month short of ten years since we made this
Merri Creek Trail Review joint submission with Brunswick (now Moreland)
and Darebin Bicycle User Groups!

http://www.yarrabug.org/MerriBUGsubmissionJune06.R1.pdf

*1. Complete the Yarra Council survey at this link >> Rushall Reserve -
Draft Design for Possible Shared Path*

View the draft design and have your say via the survey. Feedback is due
on Friday 20 May 2016

*2. Share Rushall Reserve - Build the Path* is a community campaign
supporting City of Yarra’s proposed shared trail through Rushall
Reserve. We are local residents and interested members of the public who
believe the shared trail will have many benefits including increased
accessibility and safety, linking the Merri Trail and providing better
access to Rushall Station. Let’s Share Rushall Reserve - Build the Path!

Read more about it and find out how to submit via our website:
https://sharerushallreserve.wordpress.com/

*3. Download  Share Rushall Reserve – Build the Path to print and
distribute (A4, pdf)*

http://www.yarrabug.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Share-Rushall-Reserve-Poster.pdf

*
4. Community Information Session*
Come along to our community information session to find out more and
discuss the draft design with Council Officers.
Where: Rushall Reserve, North Fitzroy, When: Saturday 7 May from 10am-12pm.
*

**5.  An example of what you can send to City of Yarra*

You might support the proposed path as it will:

  * open the park for use and enjoyment for more people in the community
  * connect the Merri Trail
  * provide easy access to the park for residents living near Rushall
    station
  * provide a time-saving route for people walking to Rushall station
    from far-North Fitzroy
  * increase accessibility for elderly people, bicycle, pram and
    wheelchair users
  * provide more passive surveilance and an alternative exit-point,
    increasing safety
  * reduce traffic and conflict at Rushall Station underpass

"/I support The City of Yarra’s proposed design including the path
alignment and fence, which allows existing uses, including dog play, to
continue. Combined with the new ramp already being built at Coulson
Reserve, the proposed path will effectively link Clifton Hill with
far-North Fitzroy.////Please build the path to share the park."

/

--
*Listen to Yarra Bicycle Users Group Radio <http://www.yarrabug.org/radio/>*
*Every Monday morning 10am on 3CR 855AM Community Radio