[YarraBUG-list] Message from Melbourne BUG - Get pushy for bike safety!

Yarra Bicycle Users Group enquiries at yarrabug.org
Tue Feb 28 15:39:11 AEDT 2012

Hi all,

YarraBUG Radio 3CR podcast is up that includes a interview with Greg
Barber discussing the cardoor Penalties Bill.

Melbourne BUG's 'Get Pushy For Bike Safety' Rally kicks off at 12.45pm,
for a 1pm start at the Gordon Reserve. That's the little park with the
Adam Lindsay Gordon statue south of Parliament Station between Spring &
Macarthurs Streets.

YarraBUG Radio Show#174 -- Monday 20th February 2012
Link: http://www.yarrabug.org/radio/?p=935
This week we interview Greg Barber, Greens MLC, about his bill to
increase the penalty for dooring to the same as running a red light &
Jaclyn from the Malthouse about the Melbourne BikeFest satellite event,
Ride to the Wild Duck. News includes three new cycling campaigns,
including Move Mindfully, as part of Melbourne BikeFest, Justice for Ian
2012, a new campaign to get justice for Ian Humphrey started by Senator
Nick Xenophon & Get pushy for bike safety! a new campaign from Melbourne
BUG supporting Greg Barbers car door
penalties.

A couple of additional news snippets from Melb BUG:
- Cyclists from the western subs coming to the http://t.co/rqcy3Buu
rally? Call Colleens office on 96896373 local media want to interview you.
- If you're going to #getpushy4bikesafety tomorrow, don't lock up your
bikes - take them with you onto the grass with you. Looks better!

cheers & see you tomorrow