[YarraBUG-list] Bikefun - look at what's coming up!

Nicholas Dow nik at cbdweb.net
Wed Dec 28 14:53:48 AEDT 2011

Bike Fun Melbourne
Rides and events from 28/12/2011
Here is your list of bikefun events and more.  Love to see you on a ride
soon! Bikefun rides mostly go at a social pace, Some rides are off-road
recreational, some are on-road mini-masses.  Food and moderate alcohol
consumption are often featured.  We also list rides organised by others,
usually with a link to their website.
Check back at our calendar for latest updates, or follow us on twitter
@bikefunmelb
Please tell us about rides and events via this form:
http://www.bikefun.org/bikefun.nsf/melbourne/bikefunsubmit

Critical Mass fun ride — Friday 30th December

6PM — State Library, Swanston St
Last chance in 2011.  See old friends and make new ones while going places
by bicycle.

New Years Eve ride and fireworks party — Saturday 31st December

7PM — Museum Forecourt, Carlton Gardens, Rathdowne St end
We'll ride to somewhere for a meal, then be back in town for a rooftop
viewing of the fireworks from 9PM.

Or we might do a laneways ride again.  Or put your suggestions in via our
Contact form.

7th annual Amy's Ride Geelong — Monday 2nd January

8AM — Eastern Gardens geelong
Ride with the Pros in Support of Road Safety!

Registrations are now open for the 7th annual Amy's Ride Geelong on Monday
2 January, 2012.  A must-do to start the new year, Amy’s Ride Geelong is a
fantastic recreational ride commencing in Geelong’s Eastern Gardens and
taking in the picturesque Bellarine Peninsula.
www.amygillett.org.au/amys-ride-victoria-12

Welcome to @amsterdamized — Monday 2nd January

2PM — Port Melbourne Yacht Club
Time and place To Be Confirmed.
General Plan: Meet in Port Melbourne, ride (via the punt) to Williamstown
for coffee/icecreams, then (if it exists) take the ferry to St Kilda for
more coffee/cakes, then ride along the beach back to Port Melbourne.

Also join us for a smaller group riding from Federation Square to Port
Melbourne at 1:00PM.

Organisers: @nikdow, @BicycleAdagio, @amsterdamized, @vaguelyspecific

Full Moon Ride - Diamond Crk & Yarra River — Saturday 7th January

6:57PM — Eltham Railway Station
Join the Eltham train Platform 1, Flinders St railway station at 6:15PM
(last carriage is at the St Kilda Rd end), or join us at Eltham station
6:57PM, bring food & drink to share at the midway picnic.

Special guest: @amsterdamized

Possibilities to get back on a train at Alphington Station or else ride
all the way back to town.

Semaine Federale Festival of Cycling — Sunday 22th January

9AM — Bright Community Centre
A week of cycling during the day and events at night!

Breakfast & lunch included, gala dinner, Australia Day bush dance, great
training for the Audax Alpin Classic.

For further information see website or call Fiona on 0417 039 868.
www.semainefederale.org.au

World Naked Bike Ride — Sunday 4th March

2PM — TBD
Last year we had 140 riders; this year will be even bigger.  Dress code is
'as bare as you dare'.  Body painting, costumes, disguises, and CREATIVITY
encouraged!

Check back here or at
http://www.asbareasyoudare.com/
for updates.
www.asbareasyoudare.com/

2012 Northside Knowledge — Saturday 17th March
10AM — Rotunda at Edinburgh Gardens
Keep Sun 17th March in your calendar as a tentative date for the 2012
Northside Knowledge.
Ride to destinations within in a 3km radius identified only by photo.
Find the answer to the clues then finish at the Tramway Hotel nearby in St
Georges Rd.
There'll be prizes for novice, experienced and mixed teams of three to six
(remember though you'll have to split the prize ;-)
Entry by gold coin donation to charity.

OTHER PLACES TO FIND RIDES:

Banyule Bug: http://home.vicnet.net.au/~banylbug/rides.html
Darebin Bug: http://www.darebinbug.org.au/rides.html

Bicycle Polo — Tuesday at 7pm, Sunday at 1pm
Details: www.bikepolo.com.au/?city=Melb

YarraBUG Radio — Every Monday on 3CR
Broadcasting every Monday at 10-10.30am on 3CR Community Radio 855am
http://www.yarrabug.org/radio
Have an idea, want to be interviewed or have program feedback? We welcome
your contribution, after all YarraBUG Radio is here for you to help you
make your cycling safe, fun and infectious for others.  YarraBUG Radio -
streaming live on the web at: www.3cr.org.au/3CR_streaming

Most rides go at a social pace, run rain or shine, and are free (like the
streets themselves).

BikeFun depends on people like you to create events and contribute to
Melbourne's creative bike community.  Organise a ride (or whatever) and
BikeFun will promote it.  Fill in the form at
http://www.bikefun.org/bikefun.nsf/melbourne/bikefunsubmit to let us know
the details.

To subscribe to the Bike Fun email, put your email address into
http://www.bikefun.org/bikefun.nsf/melbourne/subscribe