[YarraBUG-list] Riders needed to ride rickshaws - Western surburbs

Yarra Bicycle Users Group enquiries at yarrabug.org
Tue Aug 24 14:24:56 AEST 2010

Hi all,

Forwarded message from Lyndon Fenlon from Urban Honey, please assist if
you can, email directly at: mail at urbanhoneyco.com

****

Good Morning Yarrabug,

I apologise for the short notice but hope you may be able to assist me
find some riders for the following event.

On Wed. 1st Sept I will be delivering some live bees to the Quang Minh
Buddhist Temple in Braybrook as part of a joint project between my carbon
neutral honey company (Urban Honey Co)  and the temple with the aim of
helping them produce their own local honey.

We need 6 riders to pedal some cargo rickshaws from Ballarat Rd in
Maidstone to the temple in Braybrook, a small sealed hive of live bees
will be loaded on to each one and secured, refreshments will be provided
before and after and I will be donating some of my local carbon neutral
honey to the riders as well.

Local business Vern Smith cycles has jumped on board to offer support and
provide cargo rickshaws, we will be meeting at his bike shop for a 10.00
a.m set off and hopefully arrive at the temple around 10.30 where the
Venerable Phuoc Tan will be awaiting the delivery.

The route is fairly flat all the way and anyone who thinks they could
pedal a cargo trike with a load not much heavier than your average 3 year
old child then I'd really love to hear from them before next Wednesday.

Any help you can lend to this would be most appreciated.

General public contact details for this event are mail at urbanhoneyco.com.

Many Thanks,
All the best,

Lyndon Fenlon.

--
--

Yarra Bicycle Users Group
PO Box 253

Listen to YarraBUG Radio + Weekly Podcasts
Every Monday morning 10-10.30am on 3CR Community Radio
http://www.yarrabug.org/radio/
http://www.3cr.org.au/podcasts/
Abbotsford, Alphington, Burnley, Carlton North,
Clifton Hill, Cremorne, Collingwood, Fairfield,
Fitzroy, Fitzroy North, Princes Hill, Richmond