[YarraBUG-list] March/April Bike Fun

Nicholas Dow nik at nikdow.net
Sun Mar 16 23:45:39 AEDT 2008

Bike Fun Melbourne presents...

*** March/April BikeFun ***

Beach Ride - Monday 17th March
Meet 6:30pm outside Transport Bar, Federation Square
Beat the Heat Wave with a beach ride on Monday night.  Ride to the beach for
fish n chips and a swim.
This may well be the last ride of the season, but who knows, because we don't
know the weather in advance, you can email your mobile phone number to
beachriders at gmail.com or SMS "Beach" to 0439 88 00 93. Then if another hot
night (over 25 degrees) is forecast in the next few days, you will be sent
an SMS giving the time (evening) & place (CBD) for the ride start.  If you

already registered this year, no need to register again.

Full Moon ride - Thursday 20th March (Maundy Thursday)
Gardiners Creek
Catch the 7:20 p.m. train from Flinders St on the Belgrave Line (or 7:34 p.m.
at Burnley Station) and meet at Blackburn at 8:00.  Good moonlight with the
moon rising at 7:25, and the 20th is also the equinox.  Bring some food and
beverages as there are not many shops on the way.
Organiser: Brunswick Bike Boy

Critical Mass - Friday 28th of March
5:30PM - State Library
Last Friday every month: Ride, represent, party.
Come and enjoy the party on (2) wheels.
organiser: you

VeloRock 2008 - Saturday 29th of March - 2pm
Venue: Brunswick Velodrome
Come and see the LuckSmiths, Midstate Orange and other Melbourne indie bands
at the Brunswick Velodrome.
VeloRock is special because all the bands and their equipment will be
transported to the venue by bicycle!
It will be a demonstration of the unrealised utility of the bicycle and human
power.
Entry FREE!
Get involved: bike trailers and pullers needed. Stay tuned to
http://www.velorock.net/
Organisers: Mr Wheels, the ISP and the bands

Goatage - Friday 4th of April - 6pm to 10pm
Mountain Goat Brewery
Warehouse 1, 18 River Street Richmond. Entrance is on North Street just by the
corner of Clarke St. Goat Management allows your trusty bike to be parked
inside the premises & the doorbloke is very nice.
Organiser: hijustmepete

Cyclovia Moreland - Sunday 13th of April - 8am to 2pm
Sydney Road from Bell Street, Coburg to Brunswick Road, Brunswick.
Life to the street! Come and stroll, pedal, shop or relax over coffee and cake
on Sydney Road free from motorised traffic. Enjoy this community space in a
new
way. Consider volunteering as a marshal to help this event work smoothly.
Contact nelliot at moreland.vic.gov.au for more information.

Geelong Full Moon Ride - Saturday 19th of April
Meet outside Cafe 9 Zero at 90 pakington St, Geelong West at 6.00pm to take
off
at 6.30.   We head directly north along some quiet streets, coming on to the
ring road at Corio.  We then follow the ring road, hopefully to the Barwon
River, depending on how the works are going down that end.  Otherwise we end
at
the Moorabool River and wander through quiet streets back to Geelong West.

For more information:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=158552329&blogID=366933631

WEEKLY EVENTS:

Thursdays - Bike Polo! [BFM]
On Thursday night we are currently at Northcote 6pm to dark - Hawthorn Rd off
High St behind the Northcote Club Hotel.
Bring a bike, beverage and yourself. Mallets and ball provided.
Stand by for information regarding changes due to daylight saving ending soon.

Sundays - Bike Polo! [BFM]
Bicycle Polo in the (car)Park, 2pm til around 6pm @ the carpark in the Carlton
Gardens, west of the Exhibition Buildings Bring a bike, beverage and yourself.
Mallets and ball provided.
Melbourne Bicycle Polo Club: melbourne.bicycle.polo.club -at- gmail.com
See also http://www.melbournecyclist.com/group/melbournebicyclepoloclub

Most rides go at a social pace, run rain or shine, and are free (like the
streets themselves).

BikeFun depends on people like you to create events and contribute to
Melbourne's creative bike community. Organise a ride (or whatever) and BikeFun
will promote it. email details to: bikefun at nikdow.net

To subscribe to the Bike Fun email, send a blank email to:
bikefunmelbourne-subscribe at lists.riseup.net

Forward this email to a friend.
http://bikefun.org