[YarraBUG-list] Ride this Saturday + News

Yarra Bicycle Users Group enquiries at yarrabug.org
Tue Mar 11 16:32:34 AEDT 2008

Hi all,

Three great news items for your perusal.

- YarraBUG Ride *this* Sunday 16/3
- A win! Lygon Court Bicycle Parking
- Cyclovia is on again

1. Ride this Sunday - 8.30am start at Fenix Cafe, Victoria Street
Madeleine is helping to organise a YarraBUG ride this Sunday, this is a
test ride and hopefully more will be organised shortly. We will be meeting
outside Fenix on Victoria Street on the same side as the Ikea shopping
centre but towards Kew about 200 metres.

Google map:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2ghtcb

We will meet there at 8.30am for an 8.45am start and set off along the
Yarra river towards Burnley crossing over to Studley Park along past the
Collingwood Childrens Farm, Dights Falls, Yarra Bend golf course.

For those want to stop for coffee after this short half hour ride can do
so at Studley Park Boatshed and for those who want a little longer, there
is another 30 minutes that we can add in by crossing over at Fairfield
Boatshed and riding along the Yarra Boulevard - and then we will go for
coffee at the Studley Park Boatshed and meet any others that wanted the
shorter ride.

Therefore it will be half an hour to the Studley Park Boat Shed -
another half an hour round trip for those who want the extra ride, half an
hour for coffee and then it is half an hour back to Fenix - so all up
approximately 2 hours - and back at Fenix by 11am.

It is flat most of the way but you need to be able to carry your bike
down a set of stairs - so not a beginner and probably not a fully lycra
clad cleats racing bike either - this will be a leisurley pace more for
the 'coffee riding set'. Please contact Madeleine for more information:
0425 796 345.

2. Lygon Court Bicycle Parking Campaign
Melbourne Council voted last week to support the addition of bicycle
parking at Lygon Court!

Many thanks to everyone who supported this campaign, read more here via
Melbourne Cyclist:

http://www.melbournecyclist.com/forum/topic/show?id=1684380%3ATopic%3A7405

3. Cyclovia is on again
Sunday 13 April 2008 8am to 2 pm On Sydney Road from Bell Street, Coburg
to Brunswick Road, Brunswick. Life to the street! Come and stroll, pedal,
shop or relax over coffee and cake on Sydney Road free from motorised
traffic. Enjoy this community space in a new way.

Consider volunteering as a marshal to help this event work smoothly.
Contact nelliotATmoreland.vic.gov.au for more information.

Moreland Council:
http://www.moreland.vic.gov.au/news/whatson.htm#Cyclovia_Moreland_13_April_2008

2006 Cyclovia Pix:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16115722@N00/tags/cyclovia/