[YarraBUG-list] MTB Working Bee + Ride for Starlight Children's Foundation

Yarra Bicycle Users Group enquiries at yarrabug.org
Tue Oct 2 23:18:56 AEST 2007

Hi all,

Four additional news items for your perusal.

- Lysterfield MTB Working Bee
- Get ready for Ride to Work Day & ATB
- Ride Like The Wind 07
- Offer from MYAMUGS - Multi-Use, Guarding Straps

YarraBUG member Steve, with his Lysterfield MTB group helmet on, is
organising a MTB Trail Working Bee this weekend in conjunction with
Parks Victoria rangers. If you're interested in assisting with trail
maintenance at Lysterfield Park and meeting other MTB riders ( + free
lunch and limited numbers for a lift from the inner burbs), please
contact him by Friday 5/10: frm125_steve at yahoo.com.au

Craig Durkee and Ross Donnan are planning a three day ride from
Melbourne to Sydney to raise money for the Starlight Children's
Foundation. With the riders planning to cycle 950km over 72 hours, it
does sound a bit like an Australian-style Paris-Brest-Paris, but for a
great cause! Please read more about the ride at the link below.

Also don't forget if you're getting ready for Ride to Work Day or the
ATB, please make sure your bike is ready too. YarraBUG sponsors,
Abbotsford Cycles at Richmond Station provide excellent servicing &
repair for road bikes and the Bike Fix crew at Carlton Gardens on
Sundays can help you with basic repairs and servicing.

Abbotsford Cycles:
http://www.abbotsfordcycles.com.au/

Bike Fix:
http://www.onlymelbourne.com.au/melbourne_details.php?id=8831

MTB Trail Working Bee, Oct 6/7. - Saturday 6th & Sunday 7th, 9 - 4 both
days.
Meet at Hallam North Rd. Bring the usual gear, boots, gloves, hat,
sunscreen, water etc. The PV-MTBA tool trailer should be available but
you can bring your favourite shovel if you have one. BBQ lunch provided.
Please RSVP for work planning & catering, i.e. if vegetarian etc.
Lysterfield MTB Group:

Ride Like The Wind 07
Join two riders as they trek from Melbourne to Sydney in 3 days for the
Starlight Foundation
Departing on Saturday 3rd November 2007, Craig Durkee and Ross Donnan
will ride from Melbourne to Sydney in 3 days on their trusty pushbikes.
Their aim is to raise money for the Starlight Children’s Foundation. Any
donations would be appreciated. All money will go towards the foundation.
http://www.ridelikethewind07.com

MYAMUGS - Multi-Use, Guarding Straps
Message from Rob Cassidy: We are a group of Australia National
University students who have formed a company, Mya, as part of the Young
Achievement Australia Business Skills Program. As part of this program
we have created a product, Multi Use Guarding Straps (MUGS). A large
portion of our sales has been to cyclists who use it to protect their
clothing by keeping it out of the chain. It is also used to help be seen
from the side at night because of the reflective material, we have three
different versions, one is an LED version to help make cyclists as
visible as possible. For more information please see the attached
brochure or visit our website www.myamugs.com

As a requirement of Young Achievement Australia Business Skills Program
we must liquidate our business by the 29/10/07 so please put any orders
in ASAP. We are happy to take orders from individuals or stores who want
to re-sell our product as we can offer a discount to stores. Please
distribute this to anyone who you think would be interested, we can post
Australia wide. I apologise if you are not interested in this email, it
is not spam and you’re not on any mailing list, you won’t hear from us
again unless you contact us.

Thanks for your help,
Rob Cassidy
Mya Sales Director: sales at myamugs.com